UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS (2019-nCoV)
- So far, the new 2019-nCoV coronavirus has infected around 8,200 people and killed more than 170 people.
- However, there are currently no vaccines to prevent against coronavirus, and no specific treatments to target it. Most people with common human coronavirus illness will recover on their own, but you can take medications like Aspirin to alleviate your symptoms.
- To prevent contracting coronavirus in the first place, the CDC recommends taking precautions such as washing your hands often (with soap and water for at least 20 seconds), not touching your face with unwashed hands, and avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Viruses are spread from people sneezing into their hands, coughing [and not covering their mouths], and touching doorknobs and keyboards. You touch those things and then you touch eyes, nose, or mouth and it’s called self-inoculation.
- Common signs of infection include fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. Experts are unsure of whether the virus is able to transmit before symptoms appear or after. If it worsens, it can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure or even death.
- So far there is no incident of Coronavirus infection found in Bali yet.
More information about Coronavirus, contact KMC Clinic on (+62361-766154) or (+628123896618 Phone and WhatsApp).