UPDATE SITUATION FOR COVID-19:
- • CDC has issued the following travel guidance related to COVID-19:
Warning - Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel—Widespread Community Transmission
- 1. Level 3 country are experiencing widespread community transmission of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- 2. CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel.
- 3. Older adults and people with chronic medical conditions may be at increased risk for severe disease.
- 4. Travelers should avoid contact with sick people and clean their hands often by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%–95% alcohol.
- 5. Travelers should stay home and monitor their health during travel and for 14 days after returning to the home country.
- 6. Travelers who feel sick with fever or cough or difficulty breathing should seek medical advice. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room.
What can travelers do to protect themselves and others?
CDC recommends avoiding nonessential travel.
Do not travel to level 3 country due to the high level of community transmission of virus and the presence of local quarantine procedures. Large numbers of cases continue to be reported from this city and it is the source of most cases in the country. Cases elsewhere in the world have also been linked to this city.
If you must travel:
- 1. Avoid contact with sick people.
- 2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- 3. Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60%-95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- 4. It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- 5. Supplies of hand sanitizer, tissues, and other hygiene products may be limited, so consider bringing them with you.
- 6. Stay home and monitor your health for 14 days after returning to the home country.
- 7. Avoid traveling if you are sick.