The UN health agency (WHO) on Tuesday (11/2) announced that "COVID-19" will be the official name of the deadly virus from China, saying the disease represented a "very grave threat" for the world but there was a "realistic chance" of stopping it. "We now have a name for the disease and it's COVID-19," World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva. Tedros said that "co" stands for "corona", "vi" for "virus" and "d" for "disease", while "19" was for the year, as the outbreak was first identified on 31 December. Tedros said the name had been chosen to avoid references to a specific geographical location, animal species or group of people in line with international recommendations for naming aimed at preventing stigmatisation.
Corona Virus Latest Update:
- Ultraviolet light, UV-B, helps inactivate the Corona virus (Dr. Fera Ibrahim, FK-UI microbiology at the February 4, 2020 symposium).
- Viruses in general, including Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) cannot produce outside the body, it will replicate in living human cells.
- Viruses can also be paralyzed with alcohol at certain levels and disinfecting liquids containing chlorine, disinfecting hydrogen peroxide, chloroform, and lipid solvents. The use of alcohol as much as 75 percent can be used for the skin.
- The chain of transmission is droplets (body fluids when colds / coughing / sneezing) between humans.
Reducing the risk of Corona virus (WHO standard):
- Wash your hands with soap + water or an alcoholic antiseptic.
- Avoid direct contact with people who cough / runny nose / sneeze.
- Eat well-cooked dishes (not well-cooked).
- When you cough / runny nose, wear a mask everywhere. So this is for the sick, not the healthy, we do not need to panic buy a mask. Buy enough for those who are sick.